(peace be upon him)
Never has history witnessed such a swift and remarkable transformation of culture and tradition on the scale that Allah’s final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought to society. The immense impact his life and teachings had on civilization is felt until today, 1400 years after his passing, where one quarter of the world’s population is Muslim.
Throughout the centuries, millions of people have been inspired by the accounts of the Prophet’s principles and conduct. Scholars have written countless works on various aspects of his life. However, living in a time and in a culture where celebrities from the entertainment and sports industries are glorified and idolized, it becomes difficult for Western Muslims to truly appreciate the position of the Messenger (peace be upon him) and to be grateful for his countless contributions to the social and spiritual welfare of all of humanity until the last day of this world’s existence.
Typically, love and appreciation for a person are proportionate to one’s knowledge of them. The more we become exposed to a person’s formidable traits, the more we admire them and aspire to emulate them.
Providing a platform and a framework where we as a community can learn about the Messenger (peace be upon him) is a communal obligation. Fulfilling this obligation is what Bukhari Academy has attempted to do through this unique seminar, Learn, Love & Live Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Objective of this Seminar
In this seminar, we aim to:
• Present the Prophet (peace be upon him) in his own words
• Distinguish between what is accurately attributed to him and what is falsely attributed to him
• Display what He truly means to Allah and how much Allah really loves him
• Demonstrate how his teachings are timeless
• Show how to apply his guidance in our social context
• The Virtues of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Nation
• The Virtues of Sending Prayers on the Prophet (peace be upon him)
• How to Live the Life of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
Session 1: Learning Muhammad (peace be upon him)
• Why learning about Muḥammad (peace be upon him) is important in this day and age
• The inception of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
• The special names of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
• The mercy of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
Session 2: Loving Muhammad (peace be upon him)
• How the love of the Prophet s is to manifest in our lives
• Strengthening your prayers (duʿāʾ)
• Eliminating sins
• Protection from hypocrisy
• Having all our needs fulfilled
Session 3: Living Muhammad (peace be upon him)
• How to be entertained the Prophet’s way
• How to shop the Prophet’s way
• How to exercise the Prophet’s way