By Shaykh Omar Subedar
Rethink Your World contains narrations that help you revaluate and thus realign your life goals and aspirations to correspond with what was described and explained by our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him). It discusses the realities of life, money and this world in general thus giving you the ability to think outside your current confines. Ultimately, it enables you to look at life in a more wholesome fashion and motivates you to begin, if not resume, the pursuit of Paradise.
Khaṭīb completed this momentous work on the last Friday of Ramaḍān 737 AH. He is believed to have passed away in either 740 AH or 748 AH.
May Allāh continuously shower His mercy on Khaṭīb’s soul, illuminate his grave and ever raise his ranks in Paradise. Āmīn
This seven-year program covered:
• Prophetic traditions (aḥādīth) and the principles (uṣūl) of ḥadīth studies
• Arabic grammar (naḥw), morphology (ṣarf), rhetoric (balāghah), vocabulary and literature
• Islamic creed (ʿaqīdah)
• Exegesis (tafsīr) of the Qurʾān and the principles (uṣūl) of exegesis
• Islamic law (fiqh) according to the Ḥanafī School (madh’hab)
• Comparative studies of the four schools of Islamic Law (Ḥanafī, Shāfiʿī, Mālikī and Ḥanbalī) and the principles of jurisprudence (uṣūl al-fiqh)
• Islamic history
• Pronunciation of the Qurʾān (tajwīd) according to the 10 major styles of recitation (qirāʾāt).
Since 2011, Mohammed Omar Subedar has been a lecturer on ḥadīth literature at the Islamic Society of Peel.
Among the books he has taught are:
• Muʾaṭṭaʾ li-Imām Muḥammad
• Muʾaṭṭaʾ li-Imām Mālik
• Sunan Abū Dāwūd
• Jāmiʿ al-Tirmidhī
• Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī
• Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim